Here are six things in my garden today, to share with the Propagator’s gang of garden bloggers and anyone else who’d like to have a nosey…
- Snapdragons. Cheap, cheerful, reliable, they’ve been one of my best bloomers this year. These were bought cheaply as plugs in spring, and they’ve brought plenty of colour to the garden, and with luck will keep going for a few more weeks.
2. The new border – it’s a bit of a mess (not enough staking is the lesson learned there…) but I do like the colours. From the left, there’s purple and white bacopa, white cosmos and nicotiana, and a yellow coreopsis.
3. Corner o’crap. Every garden needs one, a spot for the compost bins, poorly plants, works in progress and bits’n’bobs. Mine is hidden behind a bush, and I would love to see the messiest corners of any gardeners willing to share their shame!
4. GRAPES! We’ve got grapes. Sour grapes, but grapes nonetheless.
6. Recent purchases: Creeping Jenny, Flaming Katy and Jelly Bean plant. This little lot were from a local plant seller called Hazel, she has a beautiful backyard nursery down the road, and raises cash for good causes by selling the plants she propagates.
I hope your plans and plants are coming along nicely!